Click here to download flyer.
• Increased knowledge of all areas of legal administration
• Increased value to your organization
• ALA conducts periodic practice analysis studies which identify the tasks and related knowledge, skills and abilities needed for performance in the legal management field. The latest study was done in 2012.
• Link to 65 competencies:
By order of importance:
• ALA has a comprehensive list of study resources:
• A new CLM study guide is in development. Subject matter experts are developing specific modules, and ALA has engaged an adult learning and certification expert to assist in completing the study guide.
• ALA eLearning courses and webinars
• Cyber Chapter has a very robust CLM study group. Access to their CLM and education materials is included in the Cyber Chapter membership. Annual membership costs $90.
• Chapter study group – ALA has created a power point presentation on how to develop a chapter study group.
• CLM Online Community group.
• CLM Certification Committee can do presentations (in person or via Webex) to chapters.
Encourage & support chapter members who are interested in the CLM. Chapters can offer scholarships to eLearning courses to study for the exam.
Please see the thank you note we received from Sherry Einhaus, Community Project Coordinator for Operation Troop Appreciation. She shares how the much needed items and donations from PLAA will be used.
Click here to see the letter.
July 14, 2017 is my last day at Dell Moser. It has been a pleasure meeting many of you and working with other members on various committees and on the Board. The PLAA has a great group of members and leaders who have provided me with the tools to succeed as an administrator. Brian Ortman is the new administrator at Dell Moser and I know that he will become a member of the PLAA very soon.
Best wishes to all of you.
Please give yourselves a big pat on the back as you view the five pallets of items that law firms and business partners donated to Operation Troop Appreciation. How many items you ask? That’s where I reply that my dog ate my homework…somehow the folder with the tally sheets got misplaced during the business partners event at the Power Center!
In addition, $284 was collected from the 50/50 drawing (the winner donated back to OTA) and a Business Partner who won a drawing also contributed $100 for a total cash contribution $384.00.
Thank you all once again for your generous support!
I am pleased to announce that Terri Wood from Dale Woodard Gent Law Firm has passed her CLM test and is now a Certified Legal Manager! May she be an inspiration to others that may be interested to pursue this achievement as well.
Congratulations to Terri on a job well done!
Fellow PLAA members: My final day of employment at Houston Harbaugh will be today, June 15, 2017. I will “do nothing” until at least the end of July, then I plan to begin doing freelance consulting in law firms. Until I begin consulting I plan to remain active in the PLAA, including continuing as the Compensation Survey Committee chairperson until the 2017 Compensation Survey report is completed in July. In the meantime, I hope to see you at an upcoming event. It’s too early for “farewell.”