ABA Retirement Funds
The ABA Retirement Funds Program offers a different kind of retirement plan; built by lawyers, powered by pros. We innovate with a purpose, helping plan participants save more and worry less. Our unique culture is dedicated to helping secure financial futures for the legal community. Call us at 800-826-8901 for a free consultation or visit www.abaretirement.com to learn more.
ACBA Legal Employment Services
The Allegheny County Bar Association Legal Employment Services remains open and has two great ways to help you. Looking to hire an attorney, paralegal, legal assistant, legal secretary or legal administrator during COVID-19?
1. Allegheny County Bar Association Job Board
When people are looking for job openings in the Pittsburgh legal community, one of the first places they turn to is the ACBA. In fact, our job board is viewed more than 10,000 times each month.
You can post your current job openings on the ACBA Job Board at any time. Posting a job opening on the ACBA Job Board is an extremely affordable option and ensures your job posting will be seen by an audience who is looking for legal job openings in the Pittsburgh region. In addition to the job posting itself, the ACBA markets these positions on our social media channels. Visit jobs.acba.org for additional information and pricing. PLAA members can use the code JOB30 until July 1 to receive 30% off an ACBA Jobs Board posting.
2. Legal Candidate Placement
If you don’t have the time or human resources personnel to review resumes, pre-screen candidates and conduct multiple job interviews, we can help! We are continuing to match the right candidates with the right employers by connecting qualified, prescreened applicants with law firms and other organizations looking to hire.
Once you have engaged the ACBA’s service, we meet with your firm or organization remotely to understand the specific requirements and salary range for the open position. We advertise the position, review resumes and screen the applicants. We work only with candidates who reach out to ACBA LES. After we complete the recruitment process, you will be matched with the applicants who meet your specifications.
This is a fee-based service for employers, and our rates are very affordable. There is only a fee if the position is filled by a candidate referred to you by the ACBA. Call Jennifer Pulice at 412-402-6623 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
During these unprecedented times, access to your information is critical and Access is here to help bridge the gap!
If you are working from home or sheltering in place and need access to physical mail and important documents that are being delivered to your offices or PO boxes, Access can help.
Access has been designated an essential service for businesses. Our transportation fleet and services teams are operational and can provide secure chain of custody for retrieving and delivering your mail digitally. If you are concerned about the security of sensitive PII information that’s being delivered by mail, or receiving checks and invoices in a timely way, Access can take over management of your physical mail from any location right away.
Who can benefit from digital delivery of physical mail?
• Anyone who is working remotely, sheltering in place, or is trying to maintain social distance
• Remote workers who need quick access to important documents such as contracts, checks, and documents containing sensitive information that are delivered via physical mail
• Essential businesses who need to maintain business continuity
Digital delivery of physical mail – the process is simple. Our specialists will:
• Pick up mail from office or PO Box on a regular schedule
• Securely deliver mail to our scanning facilities
• Open mail parcels
• Scan the envelope and contents of each parcel
• Deliver the envelope image and contents as one searchable PDF document so you can easily and securely distribute documents to your workforce.
• Separate documents such as checks and physical items that are not documents and return them to you
• Separate junk mail prior to scanning, bundle it by date, and store or shred depending on your preference
Digital Active File Room
If you are working from home or sheltering in place and need access to active files stored in your offices, Access can help.
Access has been designated an essential service for businesses. Our transportation fleet and services teams are operational and can provide secure chain of custody for accessing critical files stored in your offices. Our transportation specialists can retrieve your boxes and files, deliver them to a nearby records center, and provide digital delivery of documents on demand.
Affinity Virtual Symposium
All sessions will be from 11:30 am to 12:45 pm EDT each day.
WEEK TWO-- Diving Deep Into LATER:
Monday, April 20 -- What 2008 Taught Us
Tuesday, April 21 -- Going Paperless - For Real This Time
Wednesday, April 22 -- Defining Your New Normal – How to Manage the Culture Shift
Thursday, April 23 -- Back to the Technology Drawing Board – What Worked, What Got a Band-aid, What Didn’t Work
Friday, April 24 -- What's Next – What 2020 Has Taught Us So Far
Also offering their new training platform for free for the next 60 days:
In difficult times when billable hours are down, invest your time in training. For the next 60 days, our legal-specific software training platform, Affinity Insight, is FREE!
Sign up for a free 60-day trial of the Affinity Insight (AI) Plus subscription. No coupon or promo code needed. You will not be charged during the first 60 days after your sign-up date. There is no catch. Cancel at any time during the first 60 days and you will not be charged.
Karen B. Scher
(614) 602-5559 (Direct) – (330) 716-1670 (Cell)
We are here to help. Personally, I am here to bounce ideas, talk through challenges or just vent to if needed. Professionally, ASL is deemed an essential business and is continuing operations.
Everyday our product development team is providing me with product and service solutions to help you. Below is a recap:
- Limited access to branded and unbranded hand sanitizer bottles and masks. The availability and pricing is variable, so if you are interested, just let me know and we will get you the most current pricing.
- Limited access to packs containing branded hand sanitizer gel. Keep in mind these items must be branded, there is a 1-2 week lead time and a maximum quantity of 2000 per account for each item.
- Business essential ‘Work from Home Kit’ that include 15 essential office supply items in one box at for $99. Of course, these can be shipped directly to staff’s homes.
- Polyvinyl expandable wallets & pockets that can be wiped clean if files are being handed or transferred between individuals.
- Tyvek envelopes which are made of a unique structure which makes it harder for microbes and other contaminants to get through, giving Tyvek greater resistance to microbial penetration.
- Electronic document templates for your letterhead, billheads or fax sheets that will maintain professional branded communications. If you don’t already have them or don’t have immediate access, please contact me about getting started.
- vizCard virtual business cards that allow you share your contact information in an easily downloadable format to foster communication.
- Mobile and sit to stand desks and risers that will help employees with back and neck pain due to home office set ups.
- And of course our core services such as Stationery, Paper products, Exhibit dividers, Filing products, Business essential office products and legal specific items such as corporate kits/supplies, will and estate stationery and practice specific filing
While gloves, masks and other cleaning and anti-bacterial supplies are still hard to find, we have been shipping back order items as we get access to inventory. Please continue to place orders on our website and as products become available, they will ship. When placing these orders make sure someone will be at the address to receive the package. These items are non-returnable and non-refundable.
As you discuss options and your contingency plans – please keep us in mind and reach out to me directly for support.
Bulldog Office Products, Inc.
PLAA Member Administrators need supplies shipped to home offices we can take care of that for you. If we can help in anyway please let us know?
Thank you as always for your support! Stay healthy! Be safe!
Canon Business Process Services
These are unusual times! I thought I’d share with you some links that have nothing to do with our business. It’s a collection of various sites or articles that have been recommended to me from different sources on things to do while staying at home, depending on your interests. Feel free to utilize yourself or share with family and friends.
For Museum Lovers:
Museums with Virtual Tours
For Space Cadets:
NASA Live Stream
For Travel Buffs:
Fly over Italy’s Cinque Terre Coast by Drone
360 Degree View of Lapland / Northern Lights
National Parks from around the World
Explore the Great Barrier Reef
Tour Paris, France
For Animal Lovers:
Free Animal Live Streams
Everything from Puppies and Kittens to African Safaris to Ocean Life
Music & Shows:
Broadway Shows to Stream
Billboard.com Music Events Online
WKAR Public Radio
Thirst For Learning:
1500 Free Courses from Top Universities
Stay In Shape:
Different Workouts for Your Skill Level and Needs
Nike Training Club Free App
LiveScience.com Kid’s Activities
Parade.com Free Learning Apps
NewYorkFamily.com Free Educational Resources for Kids
Free Streaming of Older Games
Here is a link that shows over 100 actual examples of scam/spam emails hackers are using out in the wild from KnowBe4: Covid-19 Gallery Spam Scam Examples
And as we all know, the “bad guys” are taking advantage of the COVID-19 situation by attacking our fears. This is no different. Below is a note from a partner of ours who forwarded along this message from a Chief Compliance Officer in the insurance industry:
“Lots of reports of malware getting launched as people respond to phishing emails related to their anticipated economic relief checks which people can expect to receive soon. Often these emails ask for just a click of a button to confirm that their mailing address on their 2018 or 2019 tax return is correct. These also do not ask for any user input of information which also may cause people to think the email may be legit or of low risk.
These phishing attacks are trying to capitalize on the economic anxiety that many people are feeling right now. So might be worth a quick word to the rank and file to not click any links or open any attachments from sources claiming that the email is related to their receipt of economic relief.”
As always, think before you click!
Computer Fellows Inc.
For the past month, and for the next 3 months, Computer Fellows will be doing everything possible to help SWPA businesses and people navigate their technology tools and expand their knowledge and awareness through these uncharted waters. We currently have many offers on the table that are free for the next 90 days. No catch…no ulterior motives…Let’s take a look:
1. Computer Fellows VOIP phone system – free for 90 days. No contract, no long term commitment, no cost. We will setup, port your numbers, and support. And it’s remote install with no human contact needed.
2. Office365 backups and desktop backups – free for 90 days (great for people working remotely and might save data locally)
3. Microsoft Teams – free for 180 days. (more secure than Zoom) – CF Free basic implementation
Humanscale has put together a program to offer PLAA members a 30% discount off the Buy Now price on our website. Individuals can order on their own with a credit card and ship directly to their home address. This eliminates many of the administrative hurdles and makes the process extremely efficient. We are also providing most products via a quick ship program to expedite delivery.
Minnesota Lawyers Mutual
COVID 19 has profoundly transformed the ways lawyers work. In response to these challenging times MLM launched a comprehensive 'Change in Plan' campaign through May to assist lawyers. In the coming days and weeks, we will be offering new programing and providing new resources to help lawyers manage their practice safely and ethically while adhering to social distancing protocols. This weekly 'Change in Plan' e-newsletter will keep you current with our offerings.
SurePoint (Rippe & Kingston)
The team at SurePoint has been putting out resources in response to the needs of our customers. This includes some of the webinars, blogs, and handouts we’ve created over the past couple of months that relate to the remote office, law firms leveraging the cloud and tips for supporting law firms from both a profitability and business management standpoint.
We appreciate the opportunity to be a part of the resource page and appreciate your partnership.
- Key takeaways from 'Best Practices in Client Relations & Communications During Uncertain Times' Webinar
- Three Key Takeaways from “Profitability: The Science Behind the Numbers” Webinar
- Best practices for protecting firm and client data as a distributed team
- Leverage cloud technology for advanced business continuity
- The Virtual Watercooler: How to Nurture Culture & Connectivity Remotely
- Work Remotely with Ease using SurePoint
- What’s Working for You: Desk Spaces That Stimulate and Motivate
- Business Continuity provides 24/7 access when your office is shuttered
- SurePoint Insights: Simplify the AP Process with ACH
- SurePoint Insights: Tip and Tricks to Working Remote
USI Affinity ~ Professional Insurance Solutions
USI has put together a Resource Center for clients with regard to the COVID-19 pandemic. We have developed additional, insurance industry-specific information including exclusive webinars to keep our clients informed during these uncertain times. Contact your USI Consultant to learn more.
You can use my contact information below. Also, we put together this pdf COVID-19: Risk Management for Small and Mid-Sized Law Firms.
Weleski Transfer, Inc.
We at Weleski Transfer fall into the “Essential” category so we’ve been doing all we can to keep our crews busy. Unfortunately we are experiencing drastic cuts as it relates to our industry, but also seeing new opportunities.
Warehousing and storage has increased specifically in the Medical field. Customers have also taken advantage of empty office space to schedule internal moves or decommissions. We also have our record storage and shredding company operating for our customers who are doing housekeeping during these times. Please keep this in mind and communicate to our members as we continue through these unfortunate circumstances.
Lastly I realize PLAA participates in multiple charities and donations. We’re willing to donate crews and trucks to assist with any charitable occasions related to the COVID19, if you see a need for that please don’t hesitate to reach out to me!
In order to keep PLAA members engaged, we are in the process of teaming up with some of our other trade groups we are involved with and hosting a webinar about some of the topics they may face. We would be able to tailor the conversation specifically for PLAA.