ALA CLM Program:
Benefits of Certification
• Increased knowledge of all areas of legal administration
• Increased value to your organization
Competencies of Legal Administrators
• ALA conducts periodic practice analysis studies which identify the tasks and related knowledge, skills and abilities needed for performance in the legal management field. The latest study was done in 2012.
• Link to 65 competencies:
By order of importance:
• ALA has a comprehensive list of study resources:
• A new CLM study guide is in development. Subject matter experts are developing specific modules, and ALA has engaged an adult learning and certification expert to assist in completing the study guide.
• ALA eLearning courses and webinars
• Cyber Chapter has a very robust CLM study group. Access to their CLM and education materials is included in the Cyber Chapter membership. Annual membership costs $90.
• Chapter study group – ALA has created a power point presentation on how to develop a chapter study group.
• CLM Online Community group.
• CLM Certification Committee can do presentations (in person or via Webex) to chapters.
Encourage & support chapter members who are interested in the CLM. Chapters can offer scholarships to eLearning courses to study for the exam.